TRAID is a charity working to stop clothes from being thrown away. We turn clothes waste into funds and resources to reduce the environmental and social impacts of our clothes. It is a circular and sustainable approach to the problems of clothes waste tackling disposal, production and consumption by:-
- Increasing clothes reuse across the UK reducing waste, carbon emissions and consumption
- Funding international development projects to improve conditions and working practices in the textile industry
- Educating people of all ages about the impacts of textiles on the environment and people’s lives, and how we can make more sustainable choices
TRAID does this by providing the UK public with a network of over 1,500 charity clothes banks, home collections and charity shops diverting around 3,000 tonnes of clothes from landfill and incineration every year. We work in 191 boroughs and districts in the UK supporting local authorities, businesses, schools and communities towards zero waste.
What can I donate?
- Clothes (Women, men’s and children’s. All styles wanted including designer, high street and vintage)
- Shoes (Paired)
- Accessories (Bags, scarves, jewellery, hats etc)
- Linen (e.g. Curtains)
- Books & music
- Homeware (Of all kinds)
- No duvets or pillows
- No damaged clothes or shoes. For example, we cannot reuse items which are very worn or have big holes or stains.
What condition should donations be in?
TRAID needs donations which are in good enough condition to resell, we don’t mind about the fit, style or era.
Phone 020 8733 2580