The Little Princes Trust helps children and young people suffering with hair loss due to cancer treatment.
Each year The Little Princess Trust provides around 2,000 real hair wigs, free of charge, to children and young people who have lost their own hair due to cancer treatment and other conditions such as Alopecia.
The charity knows from speaking to its young wig receipients just what a difference their wigs can make to someone’s confidence and self-esteem.One wig recipient’s mum summed up the feelings of many when she said: “These wigs are not to hide your treatment or pain but to crown your courage and bravery.”
As well as its wig provision service, The Little Princess Trust is also one of the most significant funders of childhood cancer research in the UK. And, since 2016, has committed more than £12million to projects focused on finding kinder and more effective treatments for childhood cancers.
The Little Princess Trust encourages its supporters to keep growing their hair until they have at least 12 inches to cut and donate.
But, because their longest wigs are their most popular, the greatest need is for donations that are 16 inches or longer.
The minimum length of hair that The Little Princess Trust can accept is seven inches (17 centimetres) but the charity does already have a good stock of this length of hair.
Hair must be dry and in a good condition when cut. More details on the best way to cut and donate hair can be found on the charity’s website: https://www.
Suitable hair types:
- Clean, dry hair in good condition (no split ends) from any gender, and of any natural colour
- Straight, wavy, curly, permed or chemically straightened (in good condition)
- Containing the odd grey (less than 10%)
- Dyed, bleached/highlighted (any dyes must be of a natural colour)
- Layered (shortest layer must be at least 7”/17cm)
- Plaits/ponytails, cut a long time ago, preserved in good condition
- The charity accepts hair from within and outside the UK
Unsuitable hair for Little Princess Trust children’s wigs:
- Hair that is less than 7”/17cm in length
- Dyed an unnatural colour (blue, green, purple)
- Largely/mostly grey hair
- Hair extensions
Little Princess Trust Hair Donation
The Hannah Tarplee Building,
22-25 Berrington Street,